The PMI-VI Mentorship Program is a volunteer-based experience between a mentor who has project management experience and knowledge they are willing to share, and a protégé interested in learning more about one or more aspects of the project management profession. This is a mutually beneficial learning opportunity where mentors can improve their coaching and leadership skills, while proteges can learn from the professional experiences of seasoned project managers.
This program is sponsored by the PMI Vancouver Island Chapter and is open to all PMI Vancouver Island Chapter members. There are no additional fees required to join the program and applicants from all industries are welcome.
The current Fall 2021/2022 program is being delivered entirely virtually! We encourage members from all over Vancouver Island to apply. The official program will run from November 1st 2021 until January 31, 2022
- Vancouver Island Chapter Member in 2021-2022
- Have a strong internet connection and regular access to video conferencing software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Skype, etc) for virtual meetings
- Desire to learn and grow professionally through one-on-one collaboration
- Can commit to a minimum of 10 hours (though an average of one hour per week is recommended) for program activities
- Matched pairs decide on the virtual platform they will use and the frequency of their meetings
- Virtual program delivery allows more professional development opportunities for members living in rural areas (no commute required)
- PMP/CAPM Candidate or Certification holder in good standing
- Project Associate/Coordinator
- Current or aspiring Project, Program or Portfolio Manager
What Makes an Exceptional Mentor?
Exceptional mentors and great leaders have a lot in common.
- Personable: friendly, open, keeps discussions confidential
- Experienced: technical ability and expertise in their field
- Skilled Communicator and Listener: flexible delivery style, clear and comprehensive
- Coach: understands that this is a learning process, provides encouragement and advice
- Teaching, coaching, modeling
- Personal growth
- Knowledge and expertise sharing
- Expanded network
- Satisfaction, fun
- Earn PDUs
More Information on PDUs
Mentors and proteges will earn one PDU for each hour spent during the mentorship program. Further information will be provided for candidates accepted into the program.
Download the Application Form Now! Applications Open August 19th 2021