PMI-VI is proud to recognize and honor successful projects led by Chapter membership.
To showcase this, the Chapter will host the Vancouver Island (VI) Project Excellence Award ceremony during the cocktail reception of the 2020 PMI-VI Conference in May. The VI Project Excellence Award recognizes complex projects that best deliver:
- Superior performance of project management practices
- Superior organizational results
- Positive impacts on society
Number of Awards
- There will be one award open to both private and public sector project teams. The award will go to the team that best demonstrates superior performance in the application of project management principles.
- The application process for this award mirrors the Project Management Institute’s (PMI’s) Project Excellence Award so that interested applicants may apply for both. The “Call for Nominations” begins on December 15th, 2019. For details on PMI’s Project Excellence Award, please visit www.pmi.org/awards.
- To be eligible for the PMI-VI award, the project team must:
- Have one member who is affiliated with PMI-VI.
- Have completed the project no more than 18 months before the nomination deadline (March 15, 2020).
- Have completed the project with a budget less than $100 million US (as per PMI Global’s requirements).
- There must be one Lead Nominator with whom PMI-VI will communicate regarding the submission.
- Valid submissions will be reviewed by a panel of expert judges (evaluations will be completed by April 15, 2020).
- Three project teams will be selected as finalists and the winner will be announced at the PMI-VI cocktail reception.
- For full details, please review the Nominations and Submission Guidelines here.
In the Event of a Successful Nomination
- If your nomination is submitted on time and meets the criteria, the VI Project Excellence Award Project Manager will send the nomination package to a panel of judges for evaluation.
- The nominations, evaluation process, and scores will not be disclosed to nominators or nominees.
- The Lead Nominator will be notified of the status of the nomination at the conclusion of the evaluation process.
- The top three project teams will be invited as finalists to the cocktail reception where the award winner will be announced.
In the Event of an Unsuccessful Nomination
- If your nomination does not meet the eligibility or submission criteria, the VI Project Excellence Award Project Manager will contact the Lead Nominator to inform them that their nomination is unsuccessful.