Applications are Now Open! Apply to become a Mentor or Protégé here.
What is the Program?
You can become a Mentor or Protégé at ANY age or stage! This program is fully sponsored by our Chapter and is open to ANY & ALL PMI-VI members.
Our Mentors are volunteers with Project Management experience and knowledge they are willing to share, from all industries and disciplines, and who are keen to help grow the profession through relationship-building, story-telling, and inspiration. Our Protégés are those who are interested in learning more about the Project Management profession, who are seeking advice/guidance for projects, and who are seeking to grow and enhance their career across various aspects of the profession. This is a mutually beneficial learning opportunity where mentors can improve their coaching and leadership skills, while Protégés can learn from the professional experiences of seasoned project managers.
How Does It Work?
The current program is being delivered using a hybrid delivery format! We encourage members from all over Vancouver Island to apply each year. The 23/24 Mentorship Program will Kick-off with an in-person social event on January 2024.
The official program is currently running from January 2024 to May 2024.
- Be an active PMI Vancouver Island Chapter Member (learn how to become a member here)
- Have a decent internet connection with access to video conferencing software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Skype, etc) for virtual meetings
- Share a desire to learn and grow professionally through one-on-one collaboration
- Commit to a minimum of 10 hours total for program activities
- Matched pairs decide on the virtual platform they will use and the frequency of their meetings
- Hybrid program delivery allows more professional development opportunities for members living in rural areas (no commute required)
- PMP/CAPM Candidate or Certification Holder in Good Standing
- Project Associate/Coordinator
- Current or aspiring Project, Program or Portfolio Manager
What Makes an Exceptional Mentor?
Exceptional mentors and great leaders have a lot in common.
- Personable: friendly, open, keeps discussions confidential
- Experienced: technical ability and expertise in their field
- Skilled Communicator and Listener: flexible delivery style, clear and comprehensive
- Coach: understands that this is a learning process, provides encouragement and advice
- Teaching, Coaching, Modeling
- Learning & Personal Growth
- Fun, Friendship & Expanded Network
- Career Satisfaction and Expansion
- Earn PDUs
More Information on PDUs
Mentors and Protégés will earn one PDU for each hour spent during the mentorship program. Further information will be provided for candidates accepted into the program.